The ECSR offers five internship grants per academic year in order to foster research exchanges of graduate students and young scholars of ECSR member institutes.
The grant is designed to contribute up to 2,000 Euro towards travel and accommodation costs, depending on the duration of stay.
We are now accepting applications for visits during the academic year September 2017 to August 2018. The closing date for applications is Friday, 16 June 2017. Decisions on grants will be made by the end of June 2017.
Rules and eligibility
- The applicant must be from an ECSR member institute.
- The travel grant is to visit another ECSR member institute.
- Grants are paid only after the visit based on submission of valid receipts.
- Priority is given to researchers in the early stages of their career.
- A grant cannot be awarded to anyone who received it in the previous year.
- Grants are limited to no more than one course per person per member institute. In exceptional cases, where two applications from the same institution are judged to be of equal merit, the value of the grant can be split evenly between the two candidates, i.e. max. 1,000 Euro each.
- The applications will be assessed by the Board of the ECSR.
- The grant covers only travel and accommodation costs and cannot cover additional expenses, such as local transportation, food or insurance.
- The scheme is not designed to facilitate visits to PhD supervisors, including joint supervisors.
- For visits that span two academic years (e.g. August and September) candidates should apply for a grant for the academic year in which the majority of the visit occurs.
How to apply
- A cover letter explaining the reason of visit.
- A proof of acceptance in the visiting ECSR institute.
- An abstract of the applicant’s thesis (for phd students) or of the research project (for post-doc researchers).
- An approximate cost calculation for the visit. Applicants are advised that value for money is a consideration and the amount applied for should not exceed 2,000 Euro.
- Before applying, please check on the ECSR website that both institutions are current members.