On this site, you will see job announcements and miscellaneaous at irregular intervals as they were published before in the latest ECSR Newsletter.
Generally, the ECSR Newsletter is scheduled to be published around the 10th of a month.
Jobs and Positions
- Research Fellow, School of Social Science, Goethe University Frankfurt on the Main, Germany
- Senior researcher, University of Turku, Finland
- Professorship (W3) for Survey Statistics and Data Analysis, University of Bamberg and the Leibniz Institute for Educational Trajectories, Bamberg, Germany
- Research Fellow in Sociology (PhD position), WZB Social Science Center, Berlin, Germany
- Head of a new Research Group (associate professorship level), WZB Social Science Center, Berlin, Germany
Call for Papers
- Workshop "Solidarities in Europe", 24-25 November 2017, University of Bern, Switzerland
- 4th Alpine Population Conference (Alp-Pop 2018), 14-17 January 2018, La Thuile, Italy
- Dutch Demography Day 2017, 22 November 2017, Utrecht, the Netherlands
- 6th GESIS Summer School in Survey Methodology, 3-25 August 2017, Cologne, Germany
- Summer School on Longitudinal and Life Course Research, 21-25 August 2017, University of Zurich, Switzerland
- Social Simulation Conference 2017, 25-29 September 2017, Dublin, Ireland
- 3rd International Conference on Transitions in Youth, Young Adulthood and Beyond, 29-30 September 2017, University of Bern, Switzerland
- ISA-RC45 Best Student Paper Award, 2018 Edition
Jobs and Positions
For detailed information see www.fb03.uni-frankfurt.de/67205491/24_2017_research_fellow_Prof_Gangl.pdf.
Deadline is 3 August 2017.
Full job advert at https://goo.gl/TcNqzJ.
Applications must be submitted by 15 August 2017 via the electronic application form of the University of Turku.
– Professorship (W3) for Survey Statistics and Data Analysis, University of Bamberg and the Leibniz Institute for Educational Trajectories, Bamberg, Germany
For detailed information see www.uni-bamberg.de/fileadmin/abt-personal/Homepage_ab_2016-03/10_Stellenausschreibungen/01_Professuren/2016_17/2017-8-18_LlfBi_Survey%20Statistics%20and%20Data%20Analysis.pdf.
Deadline is 18 August 2017.
For detailed information click www.wzb.eu/en/jobs/research-fellow-6.
Deadline is 30 August 2017.
– Head of a new Research Group (associate professorship level), WZB Social Science Center, Berlin, Germany
For detailed information see www.wzb.eu/de/jobs/head-of-a-new-research-group.
Call for Papers
This workshop invites contributions that tackle the concept of solidarity in Europe from both a theoretical and empirical perspective. The goal of the workshop is to bring together scholars working on these topics in order to discuss the results of their research and to prepare a joint publication on Solidarity in Europe.
Abstract submission deadline is 15 August 2017.
The Alpine Population Conference (Alp-Pop) brings together scholars interested in population issues across several disciplines, including demography, economics, epidemiology, political science, sociology, and psychology. The conference emphasizes empirical rigor and innovation over a given topic or geographical area, and meets the challenges of interdisciplinary and international audiences. Submissions on all population issues (e.g., health, migration, families, the welfare state, economic development, institutions, well-being, etc.) are welcome.
Paper submission deadline is 1 September 2017.
The most recent findings in the field of population studies will be presented at this conference, including fertility and the family,
migrants and national and international migration, health, mortality and longevity, population ageing, population growth/decline
and urbanization. For more information visit: www.nvdemografie.nl.
Abstracts (300 words) can be submitted until Friday 15 September 2017 at www.nvdemografie.nl.
Registration is due by 1 November 2017 at the latest on www.nvdemografie.nl.
Since the available space is limited, early registration is advised.
Find more information at www.gesis.org/en/services/events/gesis-trainings/summer-school.
There is no registration deadline, but in order to secure a place in the course of choice and to book affordable accommodation, we strongly recommend registering as soon as possible.
– Summer School on Longitudinal and Life Course Research, 21-25 August 2017, University of Zurich, Switzerland
The Summer School is intended for post-doctoral fellows and postgraduate research students who are interested in exploring the potential of longitudinal and life course research or who want to further develop their existing skills.
For more information see www.soziologie.de/uploads/media/17-01_Summer_School_on_Longitudinal_and_Life_Course_Research_UZH.pdf.
Deadline for applications is 10 August 2017, but seats will be filled on a first-come, first admitted basis.
This is the 13th Annual Conference of the European Social Simulation Association (ESSA) which is the main European scientific society to promote social simulation and computational social science. The aim of this international conference is to share and foster a deeper understanding of how complex social problems can be understood through computational simulations and techniques.
The registration is now open: www.sim2017.com/registration/.
– 3rd International Conference on Transitions in Youth, Young Adulthood and Beyond, 29-30 September 2017, University of Bern, Switzerland
The conference agenda is available at www.conftool.com/TREE_Conference_2017/sessions.php.
Conference Registration is now open: www.conftool.com/TREE_Conference_2017/.
Submission deadline is 28 February 2018.