On this site, you will see job announcements and miscellaneaous at irregular intervals as they were published before in the latest ECSR Newsletter. Generally, the ECSR Newsletter is scheduled to be published around the 10th of a month.
Jobs and Positions Announcements
– Assistant Professor in Sociology (Economic and Organisational Sociology, 5-year fixed term, tenure track) at Trinity College Dublin, the University of Dublin, Ireland
The Department of Sociology at School of Social Sciences and Philosophy of Trinity College Dublin is seeking to appoint an Assistant Professor in Sociology (Economic and Organisational Sociology), to join us in September 2024. We invite applications from candidates who have a proven track record in economic and organisational sociology with a research focus on work, labour, and organizations. Candidates have a strong quantitative research orientation and associated research skills in their research portfolio. Candidates are expected to have experience in the use of advanced quantitative methods such as rigorous causal inference, social network analysis, analysis of longitudinal data, comparative research designs, or innovative methodologies from digital social research.
Further information: https://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/DGB915/assistant-professor-in-sociology. Informal enquiries are welcome and go to the Head of Department of Sociology, Associate Professor Dr Jan Skopek (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Application deadline: March 21, 2024.
– Postdoctoral position combining computational and qualitative methods at Leipzig University, Germany
The Institute of Sociology at Leipzig University is inviting applications for a full-time postdoc position (4+2 years) at the intersection of computational social science and qualitative methods.
Application deadline: April 5, 2024.
For more information, please contact Marc Keuschnigg at email@example.com
– Postdoc on linking neural profiles to various social network processes (0.8-1.0 fte), Department of Sociology, University of Groningen
Applicants will become integral members of a vibrant and dynamic research group as part of GUTS, an NWO Gravitation project (https://www.gutsproject.com). In collaboration with other GUTS researchers based in Leiden and Amsterdam, applicants will be involved in the collection of longitudinal network, survey and neuroimaging data in emerging adulthood.
The GUTS Social Networks work package consists of a cohesive set of two postdoctoral and four doctoral projects, all aimed at a common goal: understanding how neural and self-regulatory development influences the way emerging adults navigate their increasingly complex social environments. This includes how they meet their social needs and successfully transition to adulthood. Successful candidates will actively contribute to the study of neurological data within complete social networks, linking neural profiles to various social network processes such as similarity selection and peer influence.
Further information: https://www.rug.nl/about-ug/work-with-us/job-opportunities/?details=00347-02S000ALEP
Application deadline: March 10th, 2024
– 2 postdoctoral positions at The French Institute for Demographic Studies (INED) and the iPOPs Laboratory of Excellence
One-year post-doctoral position in one of INED’s 11 research units and
a one-year post-doctoral position in one of the six laboratories in the iPOPs LabEx network.
Further information: https://www.ined.fr/en/research/post-doc/call-for-application-2024/
Application deadline: March 1st, 12:00 pm, Paris time
– Assistant Professor in Sociology at Science Po, Paris
The position of Assistant Professor in Sociology (tenure-track) is affiliated to the Sciences Po – CRIS with the aim to reinforce and complement our expertise in the study of social inequality.The sucessful candidate is expected to play an active role in the center’s collective activity. He / she should also engage in responding to national and international calls to fund research projects and will teach in Sciences Po’s undergraduate and graduate programs.
Application deadline: March 11th, 2024. Job talks expected in June 2024 (Paris). Position starting on September 1st, 2024.
– 1.5 Postdoctoral positions in health or exercise psychology / kinesiology / mHealth / data analytic methods at University of Ostrava, Czech Republic
We are seeking a postdoc researcher with interest and expertise in one of the following fields:
- mHealth/eHealth – focus on digital interventions to enhance wellbeing and support healthy/active lifestyle; or:
- health or exercise psychology – focus on psychosocial determinants and consequences of physical activity or sedentary behaviour; or:
- data analytic methods – focus on analytic approaches to intensive longitudinal data, ecological momentary assessment (EMA), or just-in-time adaptive interventions (JITAIs)
Further information: https://pdf.osu.eu/job-opportunities/?kdepr=45&prace=2587 (full-time position), https://pdf.osu.eu/job-opportunities/?kdepr=45&prace=2590 (part-time)
Application deadline: February 29, 2024.
– A research position at University of Bologna, Italy
The Department of Political and Social Sciences at the University of Bologna (IT) seeks to recruit a talented researcher to join for one year the PRIN project “ICTAGE – Social stratification and ICT utilization in later life” (PI: Marco Albertini). The successful candidate will be part of a lively research group, fostering the exchange of ideas and teamwork. The position comes with a competitive salary; a master’s degree or equivalent title in a scientific field relevant to the topic of the project is required.
Application deadline: 29th February 2024.
Further information: https://bandi.unibo.it/ricerca/assegni-ricerca?id_bando=67248
– Call for Applications for two Starter Scholarships for Doctoral Candidates, available from 1 October 2024 for one year.
Deadline for submissions is 15 March, 2024.
Further details can be found on the Graduate Schools website: https://www.uni-bamberg.de/en/bagss/application/starter-scholarships/application-procedure-starter/