ECSR holds annual conferences. For the upcoming years, the conferences will take place at the following locations and dates:
ECSR Annual Conference 2021
7-8 October 2021
Due to the COVID19 pandemic, the 2021 annual ECSR conference will be held online.
There is no specific theme for this year conference but, as always, we welcome presentations of the theoretically-driven empirical research (the trade mark of the ECSR) in various sociological areas, such as the labor market, education, gender, the family, migration and ethnicity, urban and spatial inequalities, time use, welfare state, political sociology, health and well-being, social mobility, and social stratification in general.
Important dates and information
- Early March: Official Call and opening of the abstract submission
The maximum abstract length is one page. In the abstract explain the research question, theories, data, empirical analysis and main results. Succinctness is a virtue!
- 30th April: Deadline for abstract submission
- Early June: Notification of abstract selection
In the selection of the abstracts priority will be given to adherence to the principle of “theoretically driven empirical research” and to early career researchers.
- Mid June: Registration opens
- 20th July: Registration closes
Former ECSR General Conferences
- 2020, 2 July, reduced online format
Social Inequalities and Cohesion
Given the importance of conference meetings for early career scholars, the organizing team was hosting a one-day ECSR online conference on which early career scholars had the opportunity to present their work.
- 2019, 12-14 September, Lausanne, Switzerland
Inequality over the Life Course
- 2018, 29–31 October, Sciences Po, Paris, France
Causes and Consequences of Inequalities in Europe
- 2017, 31 August – 2 September 2017, Milan, Italy, Bocconi University:
Institutions, Inequality and Social Dynamics
- 2016, 22–24 September, Oxford, England, Oxford University:
Stratification and Population Processes in European Societies
- 2015, 10–12 September, Tallinn, Estonia, Tallinn University:
Cumulative Inequalities in the Life Course
- 2014, 23–26 September, Berlin, Germany, WZB and Humboldt University:
Social Inequalities in Europe – On the Rise Again?
- 2013, 14–16 October, Tilburg, the Netherlands, University of Tilburg:
Developments in Social Inequality and Social Cohesion